Wednesday, January 16, 2008

On this day in Our Islands History


In 1918, two men were heroically saved after they swept away from land while on the ice, near Grand Entry. Allen Clark (my grandfather Pop) crawled across the ice, with a rope, to the men, while Jack Keating fed the rope out. Clark and Keating received the medal of Carnegie for their heroism.

- From the chronicle's of historian Father Frédéric Landry
Événements Historiques Agenda (Septembre 1993 à Septembre 1994)

If anyone has any ideas on the subject, please feel free to make suggestions in the comment section of this posting!

1 comment:

Tory said...

I absolutely love this blog. I can see that you have put a lot of work into it and it's beautiful. You make me want to move to the Magdalen Islands. Thank you so much for all the effort you've put into this. I will be back often.
Take care.
Tory
I will post a link on my page to this site.