Sunday, February 3, 2008

On this day in Our Islands History

In 1916, at a special session of the Amherst council, it was ordered and ruled as follows: The superintendent was authorized to put gravel in the burned woods and at the Bassin. He was to choose to cart it from the closest place and to see to the placement and the final report. The council put $120 aside for the burned woods and $30 aside for the Bassin.

- From the chronicle's of historian Father Frédéric Landry
Événements Historiques Agenda (Septemb
re 1993 à Septembre 1994)

If anyone has any ideas on the subject, please feel free to make suggestions in the comment section of this posting!

For The Cancer Research Trust Fund

No comments: