Saturday, June 23, 2007

I Couldn't Let This Pass

NEVER ARGUE WITH A WOMAN

One morning the husband returns after several hours of fishing and decides to take a nap.

Although not familiar with the waters, the wife decides to take the boat out.

She motors out a short distance, anchors, and reads her book.

Along comes a Department of Fisheries Officer in his boat.
He pulls up alongside the woman and says, "Good morning, Ma'am. What are you doing?"

"Reading a book," she replies thinking, Isn't that obvious?

"You're in a Restricted Fishing Area," he informs her.

"I'm sorry, officer, but I'm not fishing. I'm reading."

"Yes, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment.

"I'll have to take you in and write you up."

"If you do that, I'll have to charge you with sexual assault," says the woman.

"But I haven't even touched you," says the officer.

"That's true, but you have all the equipment.

For all I know you could start at any moment."

"Have a nice day ma'am," and he left.

MORAL: Never argue with a woman who reads. It's likely she can also think.

4 comments:

Magdalen Islands said...

2 comments:

Rebicmel said...

girl this is priceless!!!!! I love this one wahooooo. Really funny.


Missy
June 17, 2007 6:01 PM
Magdalen Islands said...

I too thought it was cute. Pity help the next DFO officer who confronts me.
June 17, 2007 9:54 PM

Post a Comment

Emi said...

It' a beautiful blog.
Can I have a photo of Magdalen Island' sky for my blog?
http://occhioalcielo.blogspot.com

Deirdre said...

Good one. I think your ready for comedy central. Auditons are always being held in Toronto and Montreal. lol Deirdrd.

L.M. Hosler said...

I love your blog and your Never Argue With A Woman. Your island looks beautiful and I love the water picture.

Linda Hosler